MRCOG is an abbreviation for Member of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. This membership exam is a specialty training exam that is internationally recognised as a gold standard qualification in the field of obstetrics and gynecology.
The exam assesses the students in three parts, namely MRCOG Part 1, MRCOG Part 2, and MRCOG Part 3. All three parts have a varying paper format and intend to evaluate the knowledge and understanding of the aspirant on different parameters.
In MRCOG Part 1, the fundamental and applied sciences pertinent to O&G clinical practise are covered. The MRCOG Part 2 exam evaluates the candidate’s knowledge in practical clinical situations. In MRCOG Part 3, a clinical evaluation of knowledge, skills, attitudes, and abilities is done. The MRCOG membership is awarded upon passing the MRCOG Part 3 test.
To start your MRCOG journey, it is highly crucial to check the MRCOG exam eligibility criteria and understand how to book the MRCOG exam correctly by following the necessary steps with proper instructions to avoid any rejection of applications. Make sure you complete all the steps within the stipulated time. Always check the exam dates and deadlines before proceeding with the MRCOG exam booking process.
Let’s answer one of the most curious and important questions, how to book the MRCOG exam? In this blog post, we’ll look at the booking process of all three parts of the MRCOG exam separately.
Steps to Book the MRCOG Part 1 Exam
- The first and foremost thing is to create an RCOG account just by clicking ‘Register’ at the top of your screen. If you already have an account, then just sign in with the same account. After you complete the MRCOG exam registration begin with your MRCOG examination application process.
- First-time candidates are required to fill out the ‘Eligibility Approval Form’ available on the MRCOG website and then submit it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure your application is complete and don’t forget to attach the medical degree certificate or registration certificate. Once your eligibility is approved over email, then move on to the next step.
- Once your eligibility is approved, fill out the ‘Expression of Interest Form’ within the stipulated time.
- Then check the calendar and fee for the upcoming exam and choose as per your feasibility.
- After the successful submission of the expression of interest form, you will receive an email and a booking token to book an exam at the available Pearson VUE test centres.
- Now, after all the above steps are completed, then do the following:
- Log in with your RCOG account.
- Go to the RCOG exam candidate portal, i.e., the MRCOG exam booking portal.
- Check exam fees and payment methods. Pay the exam fee.
- Select your exam slot and check the MRCOG exam centre and locations. (Note: you will only be permitted to book the Pearson VUE test centre in the country location you have chosen, booked, and paid for).
Once you have passed the MRCOG Part 1 exam, prepare well to apply for Part 2.
Steps to Book MRCOG Part 2 Exam
- Fill out the ‘Expression of Interest’ form. This form must be submitted every time you take an exam. After successful submission, you will receive an email when the application window opens.
- To book, log in to your RCOG account and search for the available test centre spaces from the RCOG Exam candidate portal.
- The exam follows first come first serve basis for the test centre availability.
- Check the available centres and pay the exam fee.
- Your exam will be booked.
Steps to Book MRCOG Part 3 Exam
- To be eligible to sit in the MRCOG Part 3 exam, successful submission of the ‘Assessment of Training form’ is a must.
- The Assessment of Training (AoT) application will take about 4 weeks to process, so plan accordingly.
- There are two routes for post-registration training assessment to confirm the part 3 eligibility, in which Route A is for UK trainees and Route B is for all other candidates.
- After AoT approval, select your exam centre and date and pay the fee accordingly for booking an exam.
- The MRCOG Part 3 exam is conducted at different time slots in different countries and exam centres. So, plan and book accordingly.
Be consistent with your preparation. You can enroll in Cracking MRCOG online courses for Parts 1, 2, and 3 to ace your preparation and get proper guidance at every step.